Here's a simple video showing you seven basic (and most common) embroidery stitches.
This quick little showcase covers --
- Back Stitch
- Split Stitch
- Stem Stitch
- Chain Stitch
- Blanket Stitch
- Satin Stitch
- French Knot
Recommended books --
- 'The Stitch Bible' by Kate Haxell
- 'Embroidery' by Penny Black, India Flint and Vicki Porter
- 'Doodle Stitching' by Aimee Ray
In this tutorial I used --
- DMC thread/floss,
- A no.7 embroidery needle
- White 100% cotton homespun fabric
- A 125mm/5" round wooden embroidery hoop
**Apologies for the blurred/out-of-focus shots: filming embroidery stitching is very tricky!
You can also find me here...
QUILTING BLOG | http://3and3quarters.net
TWITTER | https://twitter.com/3and3quarters
INSTAGRAM | http://instagram.com/3and3quarters
PINTEREST | http://www.pinterest.com/3and3quarter...
TUMBLR | http://amandarolfe.tumblr.com
EMAIL | [email protected]
Thanks for watching!! xx
Like, Share and Subscribe!!